wow…this was one full sunday!
- great crowd this morning.
- lots of new faces…graduation weekend always brings new friends…but that wasn’t all!
- hot, hot, hot. glad the north point a/c is working well.
- my voice was already shot before i showed up. not a good sign.
- i don’t think i have ever studied quite this much for a sermon.
- knowing that i stand a little outside the mainstream on my understanding of marriage roles makes me want to be doubly sure that my teaching is clear, understandable and grounded in the word.
- this is the first time i have ever preached a sermon series on marriage. individual sermons, yes. five in a row, no.
- it’s easier…and harder…at the same time.
- easier because i don’t have to try and say it all in one sermon. it’s a chance to develop layers and dig deeper.
- harder because i feel the pressure to keep people connected to the topic over a long period. hope it’s working!
- really good spirit in the room.
- singing was louder than normal. go figure.
- i love loud singing.
- chipotle for lunch. never a bad choice.
- had to really hustle after lunch…had some last minute work to do on alan and jen’s wedding ceremony.
- got a late start on my drive to the wedding and got stuck in some bumper to bumper traffic on my way there.
- i started to get a little anxious, but then i remembered hey, they can’t start without me anyway!
- definitely an advantage to be the one in charge of the wedding.
- ok. i’ll say it, since alan and jen probably won’t be reading this blog on monday morning. it was miserable hot outside at the wedding.
- water was pouring out of my freshly shaved head like a leaky faucet.
- during the ceremony, sweat got on the lower portion of bifocals. couldn’t see my notes. not good.
- made a pretty good recovery, tho.
- i made friends with a lot of people after the ceremony. it was pretty short. noticeably short. i’m a hero.
- i’m proud of alan and jen. they have a good foundation. they understand the meaning of covenant.
- turning on the a/c in our car on the way home after the wedding was pure ecstasy.
this is another big week. serve well. honor god. live like it counts.