1. went to buffalo wild wings on wednesday night with my friend channing to watch the first game of the world series. great night. great conversation. good venue to watch the game… outside on the patio. like i said, all good. so why the thumbs down? we watched the game with a bunch of frat boys and their women and i was reminded again of how difficult the battle is to speak truth and purpose to the budweiser commercial generation.
2. i woke up this morning with no functioning vocal chords. i could barely get through my sermon. by the end of this day, they are shot. nothing to give. i’m sick. and my throat hasn’t hurt this bad in years. it’s going to be a long week.
3. the mighty molinas are down 3-1. not looking good.
4. i know i’m starting to sound like a whiner, but this is the fourth week in a row that things have just been off at north point. it felt like we were sleep-walking through the service. i’m looking forward to a good sunday this coming week.
2. a 21-year old kid pitching the game of his short life on the biggest stage in baseball. madison bumgarner was nothing short of amazing. i’m pulling for the rangers, but the effort by the young giants pitcher is what makes baseball the greatest game ever.
3. i can’t tell you how much i love preaching about the church…to the church. there are few topics that fire me up the way this one does.
4. finally! great jeep-driving weather… crisp, dry air. a stocking cap to keep my bald head warm. chilly temps to make the drive nippy. anybody up for a spin?