1. it’s kind of weird, but i couldn’t care a whole lot less about the superbowl. packers? schmakers. steelers? their fans don’t deserve another superbowl win. they’re arrogant enough already. the game being played in jerryworld? snoozer. traffic around dallas. i can’t wait to see it get worse this week. spring training can’t get here soon enough…
2. my little blue car died a couple of days ago. i think it’s the electronic fuel pump. i’m smart enough to fix this. i know how to go online and read the ehow instructions. the problem? i have to completely remove the fuel tank to get to the fuel pump. nothing is simple these days.
3. i’m going to have to put the top the jeep. i’ve held off as long as possible…but sub-20 degree days are not the greatest topless weather days.
4. we have so many fresh faces showing up at north point these days, i’m not able to even say “hi” to all of them on sundays…let alone invest in friendship the way i like to. i suppose that’s a good thing on another planet, but it kills me. i know this is a problem that pastor-types of mammothchurches have somehow learned to navigate successfully. unlike me.
1. i am sooo looking forward to the frigid north texas weather this week. this is just one of the many perks of having moved away from the endless 70-degree, palm-trees-swaying-in-the-ocean-breeze days of my former life in socal.
2. had an awesome time at friday night’s fast food frenzy with north point kids. i honestly don’t understand why we don’t have lines of people waiting to help out with kids. amazing opportunities to affect (effect?) little kid’s lives. kamryon asked me to help him wipe his bottom. really…how cool is it to have a friend who trusts you that much?
3. great morning at north point today! i think the radical experiment is going to be a defining moment in the life of our church family. it was pretty incredible to hear so many people talking about the book and joining the discussion. i’m pumped for this week.
4. our winter bowling league has so many teams, i don’t have the time to make it from one end of the alley to the other to talk to everybody…without getting yelled at by my own team to get back to take my turn. ordinarily, this would be a huge thumbs down..but tonight it was just a cool thing to watch people connect with each other from a distance. besides that, it apparently took all of my concentration to bowl crappy. it’s good we have the week off this coming sunday.