1. our friends david and gigi are moving back to california as soon as the school year is over. it’s a much needed job transfer for david. there’s nothing about the move that doesn’t make sense. it doesn’t mean i have to like it.
2. speaking of making sense…there’s absolutely nothing about the tornados in alabama that make sense. natural disasters…the kind that produce senseless, random devastation…leave me speechless and without explanation. my faith is not rattled when these things happen, but i can sure see why the people effected most intimately by these tragedies are left with disappointment in the god of love and compassion. just sayin’
3. see #1 thumbs up.
4. anything else just feels like whining, today. and i’m never a whiner. yeah, right.
1. what an amazing gift! two days of cold weather. bring out the sweat pants and slippers! turn off the window A/C’s! start a fire in the wood burning stove! oh, yeah…mine is still sitting in the corner. uninstalled. one of the 37 unfinished projects around my house.
2. i love that north point values laughter. and sarcasm. and fun. and that we don’t take ourselves too seriously. and that we don’t worship at the throne of perfection. and that we don’t measure the value of who we are as a church family by what we do in our sunday morning service. and that we support each other in our successes and our failures. and that we never throw each other under the bus. we love you jason.
3. i’m really pumped. i think we had a great start to our new study through romans 12:1-2. you should have seen the collective raised eyebrows when i said we were going to spend the next six weeks on those two verses. nice.
4. awesome leadership team meeting yesterday! the nineteen people who are leading various areas of ministry around our church family are each gifted and share a common love of the kingdom and a deep loyalty to north point. i can’t wait to see how the future plays out. definitely the best year ever!